Breaking Bad Hurts
Trauma: Emotionally disturbing or distressing.
Death of Someone You Loved
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Mark 11:25
Who Has Hurt You? ________________________________
Hurt People Hurt People- Rick Warren
Why Should I Forgive Someone Who Hurts Me?
1. Because Unforgiveness Hurts Me Most.
Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many. Hebrews 12:15
2. Because I Will Need Forgiveness Again Soon.
“If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15
Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.
“That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart.” Matthew 18:32-35
How Can I Forgive Someone Who Hurts Me?
1. We Need to Pray for Those Who Hurt Us.
“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! Matthew 5:43-44
2. We Need to Forgive As We Have Been Forgiven.
Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Colossians 3:13
Who Do You Need To Forgive? ___________________________
Pray that God Will Soften your Heart.
Pray for the Person you Need to Forgive.
Life Group Questions
1. When you were a child was there a friend that betrayed you or hurt you badly? Would you share that?
2. Was there a time growing up when someone hurt you from your family, and you still remember it?
3. Is it hard for you to forgive? Why or why not?
4. Has there ever been a long period of time between when someone hurt you and when you finally decided to forgive them? How did that affect you? (Spiritually, emotionally, physically)
5. How can you forgive someone who has hurt you?