If you live in the midwest or northeast regions of the United States, you’re probably aware that right now these regions are experiencing some of the coldest temperatures on record. This weather map gives you a pretty good idea of how cold it is. The areas in purple have temperatures below zero°F.
That’s a lot of purple.
This is unseasonably cold weather, even for the winter, and it’s all thanks to a polar vortex. A polar vortex is a meteorological phenomenon where a pocket of cold air that’s been hovering over the Arctic, i.e. the coldest air in the Northern Hemisphere, moves south, bringing freezing temperatures to Canada and the US.
Right now, Chicago is literally as cold as the Arctic, and temperatures that low are dangerous. Just five minutes of exposure to temperatures below -30°F can cause frostbite, so people across the northern states are forced to stay indoors. Essential services like the US mail have been postponed. Schools are closed. Roads are out of commission. And everyone’s stuck inside. In short, it’s miserable.
And what’s the best way to deal with a shared misery like temperatures below -70°F? With humor, of course. Here are 15 memes about the polar vortex that’ll give you a smile. Stay indoors, and stay warm out there!
1. If the weather report stopped being polite and started being real.
2. Stay warm, however you have to.
3. Morning coffee is basically unnecessary.
4. Let it stop, let it stop, let it stop.
5. In times like these, we are all Randy.
6. A good rule of thumb.
7. Let it go.
8. There’s a reason some animals migrate.
9. Make sure you’re stocked up on essential supplies.
10. Sending Mother Nature a message.
11. This was Lord Fahrenheit’s original name for 32°
12. Bears have it made.
13. The key to staying warm is layering.
14. Someone’s been staring at the thermometer a bit too long.
15. Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright…
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!